How to Make a Beer Keg Out of a Pumpkin
It’s pumpkin season!
While we have passed Halloween, the pumpkin is traditionally a fall/winter fruit that — in most English-speaking countries — is used for desert and decoration for the haunted holiday of Halloween as well as Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Before we get into the fun (and useful) pumpkin craft, here are some five fast facts about them:
1. The word “pumpkin” was first used in the Cinderella fairy tale.
2. Jack-o’-lanterns were originally made with turnips and potatoes by the Irish. However, in England, they used large beets and lit them with embers to ward off evil spirits.
Why did we move onto pumpkins? US immigrants discovered that the round orange fruit was easier to carve.
3. Over 1.5 billion pounds of pumpkin are produced each year in the United States.
4. Top pumpkin-producing states are Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and California.
5. Pumpkin-flavored sales totaled over $414 million in 2017.
While pumpkin pies and pumpkin lattes are always great, they can get a bit boring. That’s why when we found this how-to video on turning a pumpkin into a keg, we were excited about the novelty.
Yes, the video is Halloween themed, but you can use this for any fall season and fill it with whatever beverage you want.
Check out the quick video for the super easy project.